Samad Tirmizi, Pharm.D.
Clinical Associate Professor
Stony Brook School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Health Sciences Tower, Level 4. Rm. 50
101 Nicholls Road
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8665
Office Phone: 631-638-8573
- Infectious Diseases
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy, St. John’s University (2014)
- PGY1 at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, NY (2015)
- PGY2 in Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Stewardship at Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven, CT (2016)
- Pharmacotherapy (BCPS) and HIV (AAHIVP)
Dr. Tirmizi is an assistant clinical professor in the department of pharmacy practice and clinical sciences. He received his Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from St. John’s University, completed a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, and went on to complete a PGY2 Infectious Diseases Residency at Yale New Haven Hospital.
Dr. Tirmizi’s professional interests include antimicrobial stewardship, pharmacokinetics, and treatment of multi-drug resistant organisms. He holds membership with several organizations including Infectious Disease Society of America, Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, and American College of Clinical Pharmacy.
He has a passion for teaching and is a strong advocate of clinical research. In his free time he enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with his family.
Honors and Awards
- Oct 2016 Kappa Psi Member Recognition Award for Outstanding Contribution
- Nov 2015 Phi Lambda Sigma Alumni Member of the Year Award