Clinical Assistant Professor
Stony Brook School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Health Sciences Tower, Level 4 Rm. 050
101 Nicholls Road
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8665
Office Phone: 631-638-3738
- Cardiovascular Disease
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Teaching certificate, Saint John’s University
Dr. Stephanie Romano is a clinical pharmacist and clinical assistant professor at the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at SUNY Stony Brook. She completed a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency and worked as a staff pharmacist at Stony Brook University Hospital. Since completion of residency, Dr. Romano became board certified in pharmacotherapy and continues to conduct research.
Dr. Romano is currently conducting research in the areas of hematology and neurology. Her study compares outcomes of patients who experienced an intracranial hemorrhage while on antiplatelets, anticoagulants, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Dr. Romano is a member of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. She actively participates in clinical meetings and performs community service. Her goals for the SPPS are to encourage students to get involved with the community and to continue to serve as a mentor through involvement in professional organizations.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the Merit Award from the Mended Hearts of Suffolk County, 2016
- Recipient of the Community Service Certificate of Appreciation at Stony Brook University Hospital, 2016